Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Practicum Post 7: Summarizing My Results

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=166881472&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro

So it's been a whole semester and this is my LinkedIn account. I have made 40 new connections since starting, joined 3 groups, and updated my profile to look as professional as can be. Although my experience with the site was enjoyable, there were days when I would just forget about it. As a community it was lacking, as an aesthetically please site it was lacking, and as a social networking site it was lacking.

I don't know whether or not I will stick with LinkedIn. I feel like I will look into it as the stages of my life progress; once I graduate college, anytime looking for a job, wanting to connect with old friends. But as a college student who already has a job it was a little unnecessary.

LinkedIn is a powerful tool for people needing to connect with people in their field. It's a must-have for anyone graduating college or looking for a new job. But LinkedIn can still improve and increase usership by having a better aesthetic. LinkedIn is clunky, old looking, and doesn't update as much as Facebook. These factors make me not very excited to come back. Also LinkedIn struggles in being a SNS like Facebook as people involved are less likely to be public with information as potential employers may be afoot.

All in all I was glad I had the opportunity to set up and use my LinkedIn account over the course of the semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment