Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Practicum Post 6: Almost the end...

So as my time on Tumblr is winding down, I thought I would use this post to discuss what this site has meant to me and how it has impacted my life (since the next one will be about my post on the wikipedia page).

Before this semester began, Tumblr was just another site on the endless list of blog websites that are found on the internet. I never knew anyone that really used it, or how to use it for that matter. However, I quickly learned how simply and addicting this website can be. With a couple clicks, your account is made and then with a couple more you are following 15 other blogs and creating your own. This blog became a place for me to escape to, a place for me to go to be someone else. Now I didn't totally change who I was to be a member of this site, but I was able to not be the Brooke Zingler that everyone assumes I am in the real world.

Tumblr, besides providing me with an entertaining escape, was also extremely educational. It was able to reinforce the concepts that we were learning about in class. This site is the definition of participatory culture, it is an online community, it is part of Web 2.0. Tumblr, as well as, this project opened my eyes to what the internet can do for a person's life and how much of force it is in the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment