Monday, April 23, 2012

Practicum Post #5: MMORPG

I thought in this post I would talk more about the universe that all of the action takes place in.  To start off, there are 3 main worlds in which you can travel too.  You have Gotham City, represented by Batman/Joker (depends on if you are a hero/villain), Metropolis, represented by Superman/Lex Luthor, and Central City, represented by The Flash/Gorilla Grodd.  Within each of these worlds, there are 50+ areas/locations in which you can explore and complete missions.  There is no real distinctions between the people in each world.  You are free to travel where ever and do whatever you like.

Once you arrive in each world, you are greeted by the hero/villain that represents the world, and a list of missions is provided that get you started.  Upon completing basic missions, more challenging missions and opportunities become available.  I have yet to complete all the missions in a world, because I'm convinced that they are endless, for there are so many areas and things you can do.  Since pretty much everything is interactive, it is easy to get sidetracked by exploring the environment and meeting new people.

I have personally traveled to all 3 worlds with my team, and each world is completely different in look and missions.  This is great, because it keeps the universe from getting to monotonous, and makes you want to keep playing.  I have already gone way over the 15 hours required for this project, however, to get a good grasp on what is able in this world, you have to play for well over 15 hours.  I plan on grinding through tonight and finishing up my last two posts, and hopefully I can find something that is worth putting on Wikipedia that hasn't already been posted.  Cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment