Since my last post, I have started to understand even more of the
features of Foursquare. Specifically, I deciphered the points system
that allows users to compete with their friends and encourages them to
check in. First, users must friend people they know who also use the
app. For me, this was pretty difficult because barely any of my friends
use Foursquare. Then, as you check in throughout the day, you receive
points for the places you go. Although I understood this function, I
was wondering why my points kept decreasing from day to day when I
didn't check in as much. This is because Foursquare tracks points based
on the past week. Therefore, if I had checked in a lot one day, my
points could significantly drop. After your points are calculated over
the past seven days, Foursquare ranks you among your friends. I didn't
like this feature because, occasionally, I didn't go many places during
the day so I couldn't check in and the app penalized me because of
this. Therefore, I find myself checking into cities or places I pass by
just to get more points.
As
I continue to use the app, I am realizing how difficult it is to become
the mayor of a highly populated building like a store or a school
building. However, I will still try to achieve my goal of becoming the
mayor of a school building.

No comments:
Post a Comment