Monday, March 12, 2012

Practicum #2

This week I decided to make my initial test video in my remixing endeavors. I decided to go with the method of drawing pictures on MS Paint and then syncing them with video using a video editing program I have on my computer. Instead of having my first attempt be on anything too large like a song I decided to pick out a piece of audio from a comedian. I used a YouTube video of John Caparulo performing a joke about McDonald's. I went through and figured out what pictures I wanted to have for different parts of the audio, and then using my awesome third grade level MS Paint skills I did my best to draw the images I had in my mind. I realized that using something like MS Paint would only allow me a certain amount of detail and so I would have to keep my pictures as simple and basic as possible. After I had my pictures done I had to get the audio from the YouTube video. I don't know whether it was because my laptop is a steaming pile of crap or because the software I was using was equally faulty, but for some reason I couldn't download the file. I made due the best I could and just recorded it with my phone and transferred it that way. Eventually my super laggy computer allowed me to get the video edited to my liking. Upon watching the finished product I realized that my computer caused it to glitch a little bit towards the end of the video throwing it off a little but I decided that it wasn't that big of a deal and put it on YouTube anyways, in all its glory, for all the world to see/ criticize. If you too would like to feast your eyes on this masterpiece the like to watch it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUJOqxYlS3U. However, do be warned that A) I did it in a relatively short amount of time B) My computer is crap C) My drawing skills are crap and D) It was my first attempt at something like this. That being said have a look if you want and feel free to use as vulgarly explicit adjectives the English language will allow in critiquing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment