Because my real name is Margaret Sievers and I go by Maggie Sievers in real life and my facebook name is Maggie Madigan Sievers, I had a harder time finding myself on Google. When I typed in my full real name "Margaret Therese Sievers" the first result was the yellow page listing of my parents house, pretty standard.
When I searched my Facebook name, I didnt find my actually Facebook profile, but instead the first five links were comments I had made on band's Facebook pages or things that I have 'liked' on Facebook. When I looked at the images results for this search a few of my Facebook profile pictures were there as well as pictures of the things I have liked and commented on Facebook.
Then, when I typed in my real name with "wisconsin" I found a bunch of PDFs from the school I went to from 3-5th grade, which kind of weirded me out.
All in all, I know that having a Facebook and social media sites will reveal certain things about me to the public. It is crazy to think that if someone really wanted to stalk you and find out things about your past, that there are a lot of ways to go about it just through using Google alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment