Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Google Machine


After Googling myself I have to say I wasn't surprised with what I found. First was my LinkedIn profile, followed by my Facebook, and Twitter. Though all my profiles came up, I wasn't concerned, because part of the reason I created all these profiles is to connect with people and be easy to find. No personal information about me was available except a profile picture and an email address, which is exactly what I want people to have when trying to get into contact with me. The only thing I found interesting about Googling myself was a picture of me and my roommate back in 8th grade after we went to the National History Day competition in Maryland. I was a little surprised to see that it was still up on the web as well as the story that was done on us at the competition. All in all, I feel that my personal information is pretty well protected with my privacy settings, and I don't expect be be stalked any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment