This week I began really diving into my practicum assignment.
I am doing my project of Twitter, which might seem simple and boring to most
because a lot of us use Twitter so much, however and I not one of those people.
I actually first got a Twitter account in two summers ago. The only reason I
got a Twitter is because I was doing an extreme scavenger hunt and my team got
extra points if we tweeted about all the tasks we were completely. I am
extremely competitive so obviously I made a Twitter.
Over the past year and a half I have only tweeted 30 times
and about 20 of them were about the scavenger hunt that I did two summers ago.
Twitter has never really made sense to me. I never really knew what the draw
was or what to really use it for.
Since Sunday I have tweeted 13 times. I feel like I am
starting to understand Twitter and its addictive powers. I chose to really
start tweeting on Sunday because I was watching the Grammys and Twitter was
exploding with Grammy’s tweets. It was extremely entertaining to watch other
people’s opinions on the same show I was watching. I even added my own opinion
with my first tweet for this project which was “Adele is taking over #grammys.”
I know its not that interesting of a Tweet, but it was a start.
My new goal is to tweet as much as possible. Also I plan on
trying to make my Twitter page look less amateur. Currently my Twitter page is
private. I might change that but for now I am going to keep it that way.
My handle on Twitter is @bfrobbins, if you choose to follow
me.


No comments:
Post a Comment