Sunday, January 29, 2012

Intro



Hello To All!

My name is Caleb Van Horn and I am from Janesville, Wisconsin (Located roughly 30 minutes south of Madison). I am a senior majoring in Communication Arts – Communication Science and Rhetorical Studies option. I will be graduating in May and decided to take advantage of crossing over to the Radio/TV/Film side of communications for what will hopefully be a very interesting and informative class. I use the Internet primarily as a source of research and entertainment (TV Shows, Movies, etc.). Unlike the majority of our generation I am not a huge fan of social networking sites, (Facebook, Twitter) although I do use Facebook (begrudgingly) to catch up with friends. I still rock a flip phone, but have a similar relationship to my MacBook Air that many have with their cell phones.

When I’m not in class, you can find me at College Library in the Computer & Media Center, where I have worked for the majority of my college career. Aside from school and work I am a huge adrenaline junky and jump at every opportunity that is thrown my way (Sky Diving, Dirt Biking, Snow Boarding, Wake Boarding, etc.) I am also a big fan of food :). Within the last year I have picked up cooking, moving away from the classic college recipes of Ramen noodles and PB&J’s, and into the realm of Gnocchi, Coconut Shrimp, Risotto, etc.

I am and always have been a big MacHead. This may be additionally fueled by the computer lab I work in which we almost exclusively deal with Apple products. This class will hopefully broaden my knowledge of both the Internet and computing in general. Sounded like a great course and I have heard nothing but good things from friends. Looking forward to a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment