The clip on YouTube about the history of the Internet had a
lot of information that I did not understand completely but there were a few new
things that I learned or recognized from lecture on Thursday. Just seeing how
far computers have come since pre-1957 to February 28, 1990, the day the
internet was up and running, is both confusing to follow but with more clarity
will become more interesting. I learned that before 1957 computers only did
batch processing, which means that a computer could only do one thing at a
time. This wasted a lot of time and made all the work more confusing. After OSI
standardized the network and created compatibility for all computers, the ease
and use of computers has grown to something far greater than batch processing.
Although the way the network is set up and all the history of the Internet is
confusing, especially in this quick video, I do find it interesting to see how
world history caused the Internet to be born. Without the Cold War, the Internet may never have been made.
Overall in this clip, I was left with a very broad and
confusing history of the Internet. I would like to learn more about what all
the terms mean like RAND, NPL etc. The video doesn’t give enough depth into the
information provided.
No comments:
Post a Comment